Our Policies & Procedures
Derry Building Services are committed to protecting the health and wellbeing of their people.
Click on the links below to see what we have implemented to ensure our work spaces are as safe as possible;
- DBS Newark Covid-19 Risk Assessment
- DBS Birmingham Covid-19 Risk Assessment
- DBS Plant Department Covid-19 Risk Assessment
- Return to Work Induction - Newark Office
- Return to Work Induction - Birmingham Office
- DBS Covid-19 Pocket Card
All of our operational sites have been individually assessed to ensure that our workforce are operting within the Covid Secure Guidelines.
All working must comply to the current social distancing guidance; close proximity works are subject to additional protective measures, risk assessments and permits where required.
Physical adaptations to sites include, but are not limited to;
- Additional welfare facilities
- One way systems
- Hand sanitiser stations
- Temperature readings at access points
- Covid-19 self declaration of fitness to work
Tool Box Talks are also updated and delivered regularly to ensure that the latest guidance is communicated to all of our workers.
Derry Building Services are proud to be ISO 9001 accredited for our Management Procedures, OHSAS 18001 Accredited for our Occupational Health and Safety Procedures and ISO 14001 for our Environmental Procedures.
Click to view our procedures certificates:
- ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System
- ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System
- OHSAS 18001:2007 Health & Safety Management System
- ISO 19650-2:2018 Organization and Digitization of Information about Buildings and Civil Engineering Works, including Building Information Modelling (BIM)
We are proud of our Health and Safety record and take the health and wellbeing of our staff and clients very seriously. Our policies, procedures and training are continually monitored by our Health and Safety Manager, in conjunction with our Director responsible for Health and Safety, to ensure that we are doing everything we can to provide a safe working environment for our workforce.
In addition to monitoring our performance in-house we also employ the services of independent Health and Safety Advisors, R G Wilbrey, who monitor our sites on a regular basis providing advice and assistance where necessary.
Click to view our policies:
- Health and Safety Policy
- Quality Policy
- Environmental Policy
- Waste Reduction Policy
- Training and Competence Policy
- Slavery & Human Trafficking Policy
- Equal Opportunities & Dignity at Work Policy
- Purchase Order Terms & Conditions
- RG Wilbrey - Company Profile
Building Information Modelling (BIM)
As part of our commitment to BIM, and the associated processes and activities, DBS are proud to have achieved the following accreditation;
Organization and Digitization of Information about Buildings and Civil Engineering Works, including Building Information Modelling (Information Management using Building Information Modelling).
- BS EN ISO 19650 1 2018 Concepts and principles
- BS EN ISO 19650 2 2018 Delivery phase of the assets
- UK National Annex and BS 1192 4 2014 (Formally BIM Level 2 in accordance with PAS 1192 2)